Ever get tired of eating the same old thing for lunch every day of the workweek? Eating out way too much? Skipping your lunch, just to save time?
Here’s a tip. Try to plan ahead. I know what you are thinking… Plan ahead, who has time for this? However, if you can get into the habit, it becomes a win-win situation. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Grab some zip lock to go containers from the grocery store the next time you are shopping.
- Plan two or three meals that you can make ahead of time.
- Reserve a day to set aside some time to get your meal prep. My day is Sunday.
- Get your meals made ahead of time.
- Reserve two nights to pack left-overs from dinner.
- Feel better about feeding yourself healthier foods.
Here is a list of ideas:
Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. Pack a side of carrots. Don’t forget your water.
Spinach Leaf Salad loaded with veggies. I layer my salad. Tomatoes, pepperoncini’s on the bottom, next a boiled egg and avocado, followed by cauliflower and carrots, and topped with my lettuce. The dressing is packed separately. There you have it… no wilted lettuce.
Good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich rolled in a wheat wrap. My favorite wrap is The Flatout wrap.
Baby steps to a healthier YOU!!!